Our picturesque riverside community near York
Main Street. Note: the Maypole which is outside Naburn House. Wells grocers shop is on the left of the picture, this is now Enthorpe. 1908
Ethel and Doreen Marsh outside what is now Plum Tree Cottage, Maypole Grove. Note the building on the right, which was a small single storey cottage before it was demolished. 1935
Naburn Railway Station. 1932
Naburn United Football Club. Gold and green strip outfits. 1953
Part of Wysteria Cottage, left then Plum Tree Cottage. The low roof of another cottage which has since been demolished and the roof of Naburn House right on Maypole Grove. Unknown family. 1910
Naburn Railway station, looking towards York.1930
Steam train crossing Naburn swing bridge. Signal cabin on the top. 1955
View of Front Street. River View on left and Fishermans Cottage on right. Low cottages and barn on right have been demolished. 1900
Ariel view of the boat yard (Marina) and village. 1969
Naburn village May Day parade from school to village hall. 1946
St. Matthews Church, Naburn. In the winter of 1960
Edward (Ted) Lofthouse
Aged approximately 16 years around 1918. Lived with his family in Lilac Cottage, Front Street.
Lofthouse Family - circa 1903
The Lofthouse family lived in Lilac Cottage on Front Street. The image shows George and Mary Ann Lofthouse seated in the middle of their thirteen children.
Back row, left to right: Fred, Christopher, William, James, Albert and Florence.
Middle row, left to right: George, Elisza, Emma Augusta
Front row, left to right: Eveline Annie (on George's knee), Edward (on Mary Ann's knee), Francis, Melina
Naburn School Concert. March 20th 1922.
Naburn School, School House and pupils. 1900
St. Matthews Church, Naburn. 1900
Maypole Grove, Naburn. 1911
The Vicarage, Vicarage Lane, Naburn.
Postcard of Main Street and Naburn Village Green, sent from Naburn to Mrs Watson of Thirsk from ‘J’. 1906
St. Matthews Church, Naburn
Outside The Homestead on Front Street.
On the left of the picture is Kathleen Brunskill who grew up in the house with her sisters Eileen & Nora, her brother Selwyn and their parents Albert & Katherine.
Kathleen was the last Estate tenant to occupy The Homestead, leaving in 1979 when the building was no longer habitable. It was sold into private hands and subsequently renovated.
Kathleen is buried in St Matthew's churchyard.
Judith Crowe (nee Brunskill) as Naburn's May Queen in either 1946 or 1947.
Eileen and Kathleen Brunskill in Scarborough.
On the far left is Nora Brunskill. Other names unknown. If you know who any of the other women and girls are please email email@example.com and let us know!
Village facebook group
village twitter account
Website designed, built and maintained by IGNITE MARKETING as a service to the Naburn Village community