Presented by solicitor Trevor Cooper, this seminar will be useful for dog owners, trainers, walkers, groomers, accommodation providers, vets etc. and will cover a wide-ranging mix of important legal issues including:
- Rights and responsibilities when buying and selling dogs
- Liability (both civil and criminal) for dogs that harm people and animals
- Identification requirements / the legal implications of microchipping
- Noise nuisance
- Public Spaces Protection Orders
- Community Protection Notices
- Breed specific legislation
- Cruelty/ Duty of care
Trevor has specialised in dog law for 23 years and is widely regarded as a leading solicitor for this niche area. Formerly the legal specialist for Dogs Trust Trevor currently splits his time acting as legal consultant for Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and acting for dog owners, professionals and organisations in both civil and criminal proceedings.
Registration with tea/coffee refreshments will be from 10am ready for a prompt 10.30am start. Booking is essential at £20 per person. Please contact Dawn Ash to book or for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07727 603805.
CPD certificates available on request.